Upgrade your DMX-40 or DMX-40+ to an MMX!
Required from you: a working DMX, sent at your cost, to us. Here are the steps:
1. Purchase the option you want (selecting band options)
2. Send in your DMX ONLY, not the keyboard or anything else. Include the Order Number on the package and on a sheet of paper inside the box, along with your name and address.
3. We will unpack and test your DMX. If there is a problem, we will contact you
4. We will upgrade your DMX by replacing the faceplate and rear panel, along with the transceiver PCB
5. We will install the band boards you have selected
6. We will test using our standard testing process
7. We will ship it back to you using your selected shipping method.
Please note that you are paying shipping both ways. There is a lot of labor involved in this process, as well as record-keeping.
- Finally, the true power of the DMX-40 GUI and programming released by a multi-band, card caged transceiver motherboard!
- Same amazing feature set as DMX-40, but now with multiple bands!
- Simple GUI for multi-band operation. The Frequency Button is also the Band button!
- Unparalleled Decoder Capability in Noisy Environments: With its unique signal processing algorithms, the Morse Code decoder outperforms all others.
- Type and Read in English: Use the included QWERTY keyboard to type, while hearing outgoing and in incoming Morse Code, aiding in learning the code subconsciously.
- (Optional) Learn Morse Code: The included Morse Code Key-In capability with built-in decoder testing aids in learning the Code.
- Automated Send/Receive Protocols: Enter your call sign and other information for station setup. Remote station call sign captures automatically. All call and answer protocols are automatic – you only type your message. Or change the protocol via built-in micro-program editor.
- Set your maximum comfortable typing speed: While the MMX can send very fast, it’s best to limit speed so you don’t starve the transmitter. A unique feature that maximizes the use of the type-ahead buffer in transmit mode calculates your comfortable typing speed automatically.
- Super Power Micro-programming System: Besides simple automating common text segments, the micro-programming system allows control over the transmitter, enabling many advanced features. 12 micro-programs up to 60 characters each.
Click Here for a Complete Features List
- Multi-band: up to three bands supported via a three-slot card cage on the motherboard. Auto-sensing and auto-selecting via sense/select hardware on the motherboard - any slot for any plug-in band board. Use the Frequency button on the Main screen to select which band card to use. Currently available bands are detected automatically and offered via the Frequency button. 80, 40, and 20 meter band boards are currently available.
- Advanced Direct Conversion SDR Receiver: with custom filter, balanced mixer, and low-noise preamp giving sensitivity ≈ 0.3µV, -118 dBm or better
- GUI: 3.5″ color touchscreen LCD
- Weight: 11 oz with protective lid
- Size: 3.8″ x 5.2″ x (1.3″ w/o lid, 2.25″ w/lid)
- Power Consumption, receive: 1.4/0.96 watt, LCD backlight ON/OFF
- 80 meter band: 3.5 MHz - 4.0 MHz. SWL range: 2.45 - 5.6 MHz
- 40 meter band: 7.0 MHz - 7.3 MHz. SWL range: 4.9 MHz - 10.22 MHz
- 20 meter band: 14 MHz - 14.35 MHz. SWL range: 9.8 MHz - 20.09 MHz
- 80M Power Output @ 13.8V: approx. 2 W, 350 ma (key down)
- 40M Power Output @ 13.8V: approx. 3 W, 500 ma (key down)
- 20M Power Output @ 13.8V: approx. 1.5W, 350 ma (key down)
- Key up power @ 13.8V: approx. 110 ma, 1.5 watts (LCD ON)
SDR & QRP
The MMX Morse Code Transceiver combines a state-of-the-art decoder, a color touchscreen graphical user interface (GUI), a Software-Defined Receiver (SDR) and a QRP (Low Power) transmitter, all powered off of a 12V power source, packed into a small, lightweight and very portable package. The decoder uses innovative digital and analog signal processing circuitry and algorithms to overcome the typical noise found in most real band operating conditions.GUI for countless features
The GUI includes a full menu system, and 28 unique graphic screens to accomplish an amazing set of features, some not found in transceivers at any price. SDR receiver sensitivity is -118 dBm.
Computer automation simplifies the process of calling and interacting with automated station ID’s and remote station call sign capture. The built-in automation can be user-modified using the powerful microprogramming language RPL (Rig Programming Language), with unique capabilities.
Multi-Band via Plug-in Band Boards
The MMX includes three plug-in slots for band boards. From 1 to 3 bands can be directly supported. Currently available: 80, 40, and 20 meter band cards.
Operate on any band
Operating modes include normal transceiver mode and the unique External Mode, which allows operation with an external transceiver. Using this feature, operation an any band with the full decode and encode function, including automation, is possible.