EU? Order from WiMo! See note below
Multi-Band QRP Portable Computer Plus Transceiver!
Check out the MMX Bundles below!
The MMX Multi-band Morse Code Transceiver is the evolution of the DMX-40 Morse Code Transceiver,and includes the keyboard! It has the same industry-leading decoder, the same high sensitive SDR receiver, 10 frequency memories per band, RPL microprogramming for custom automation, and more. However, what is added is a band board plug-in system that supports up to 3 bands. Currently, the supported bands include 80, 40, and 20 meters. You can purchase a single band MMX, and add other bands later, purchase a dual band MMX, and add the third band later, or even get all three bands on your initial order!
Specifications are similar to the DMX-40+, such as receiver sensitivity of -119 dBm. Power output is highest on 40 meter, and slightly lower on 80 and 20 meter bands, as listed in the Specifications tab in the right column.
A version of the MMX is available that is JUST for using with an existing station. No QRP transceiver inside. It's called the MMX-ZERO, or ZERO. Check it out!
Better, Easier, Relaxing QSO's at Higher Speeds!
Do you need help decoding those fast senders? Do you want a less stressful QSO? Not only do we help you decode with the best decoder in the industry, but you will gradually learn to do so as well by way of cognitive association! For sending, you can use a straight key, the built-in keyboard to Morse system with automatic station ID's and hand-offs, auto-CQ and station calls, automatic capture of the other station's call sign, plus the powerful RPL language for microprogramming to customize of the automation or create your own automations. And, you can get help and practice sending using the build-in decoder to listen to your keying in receive mode. It will treat you as "just another station" and decode your signal, give you your speed, and tell you what other stations would think you had sent. Great key training! And don't forget to start by pressing the Space Bar to restart the decoder before you begin keying!.
Another stress reducer! The built-in typing speed test function sets your maximum transmit speed to match your typing speed! This means that - even if the other guy can type or send at 35 WPM, but you can only type at 22 WPM, that is how fast you will go, enabling you to have time to partially fill the type-ahead buffer so you can relax and edit your keyboard mistakes, and have a little time to think about what you want to say next. A great stress reducer. Of course if the other station is sending at a lower speed, your MMX will match them so they can decode you!
Talk about stress reducing, the automatic capture of the other station's call sign is a great one! It automatically appears in the CCS button (CCS is Captured Call Sign), and is used for the automatic station ID's and hand-offs. No more quick scribbling to write down their call sign! Or typing station ID's over and over. Even a Handle, QTH, Rig, Antenna macro built-in so you can send that info with a single keystroke!
If you want to use a paddle or iambic key, an external keyer is required to convert your key to straight key or "pure Morse" output to feed into the MMX.
So, up your game! Get an MMX to go with you for a great experience in QRP with a lightweight powerful computer plus QRP transceiver! Great for POTA, SOTA, etc. Or, get an MMX attached to your station using our External Transceiver Cable Assembly to make it easy and neat to connect and integrate your station and the MMX as your decoder and encoder. You can also just use the MMX as a decoder, with no keyboard by pressing the status line to restart the decoder
Videos And More Info!
There is lots more features: check out our main features on the Features tab in the right panel, and our More Features list!
Below are two video links. The first is a long open box to QSO live demo via Coffee and Ham Radio on YouTube. Note that the MMX is accidentally placed into CTX mode during much of the session (and thus can't decode human code, or HCW). I finally noticed that, and after that, things went a lot better!
MMX Live Demo
Since the MMX is just a DMX-40 with band cards, the DMX-40 videos are very helpful and on-target for learning about the MMX:
And here is a look inside the MMX. Note: What comes with the MMX is misrepresented in this video. Only the keyboard, cleaning cloth, and power adaptor come with the MMX, but otherwise, pretty accurate:
Also, for more information, read the DMX-40 description. The MMX has all the same functions and features, but 3 band capability!
The MMX Bundles
To make it easier to purchase the MMX, we offer 4 bundles:
- The MMX Bundle: this includes a stand, dummy load, cable adaptor, and cable assembly
- The MMX Complete Bundle: to #1 above, we add a powered speaker, A/C USB power block, 5V to 12V cable, audio cable, and USB cable for a truly complete setup
- The MMX EMP Bundle: To #1 above we add an EMP Shield zip-lock, a roll-up keyboard and cable, and an interior canvas bag for the MMX to protect the EMP Shield from sharp corners on the MMX
- The MMX Complete EMP Bundle: To #2 above we add an EMP Shield zip-lock, a roll-up keyboard and cable, and an interior canvas bag for the MMX to protect the EMP Shield from sharp corners on the MMX. We also add a second EMP Shield bag to protect the speaker, USB Power Block, and 5V-12V cable, all of which have sensitive electronics within them
For all MMX orders for EU delivery, please contact our EU distributor:
WiMo Antennen und Elektronik GmbH * Am Gaexwald 14 * 76863 Herxheim, Germany * Tel: (+49) 7276 96680 * http://www.wimo.com
Otherwise, be aware that by purchasing a product from the USA will require going through customs in your country, and typically you may be required to pay duty on your order. Check with your local authorities for details. Also note that if your country uses the VAT tax system, VAT taxes will also apply. Finally, UPS also typically charges a fee for handling the collection of duties and taxes. USPS does not, but their shipments take longer.
- Finally, the true power of the DMX-40 GUI and programming released by a multi-band, card caged transceiver motherboard!
- Same amazing feature set as DMX-40, but now with multiple bands!
- Simple GUI for multi-band operation. The Frequency Button is also the Band button!
- Unparalleled Decoder Capability in Noisy Environments: With its unique signal processing algorithms, the Morse Code decoder outperforms all others.
- Type and Read in English: Use the included QWERTY keyboard to type, while hearing outgoing and in incoming Morse Code, aiding in learning the code subconsciously.
- (Optional) Learn Morse Code: The included Morse Code Key-In capability with built-in decoder testing aids in learning the Code.
- Automated Send/Receive Protocols: Enter your call sign and other information for station setup. Remote station call sign captures automatically. All call and answer protocols are automatic – you only type your message. Or change the protocol via built-in micro-program editor.
- Set your maximum comfortable typing speed: While the MMX can send very fast, it’s best to limit speed so you don’t starve the transmitter. A unique feature that maximizes the use of the type-ahead buffer in transmit mode calculates your comfortable typing speed automatically.
- Super Power Micro-programming System: Besides simple automating common text segments, the micro-programming system allows control over the transmitter, enabling many advanced features. 12 micro-programs up to 60 characters each.
Click Here for a Complete Features List
- Multi-band: up to three bands supported via a three-slot card cage on the motherboard. Auto-sensing and auto-selecting via sense/select hardware on the motherboard - any slot for any plug-in band board. Use the Frequency button on the Main screen to select which band card to use. Currently available bands are detected automatically and offered via the Frequency button. 80, 40, and 20 meter band boards are currently available.
- Advanced Direct Conversion SDR Receiver: with custom filter, balanced mixer, and low-noise preamp giving sensitivity ≈ 0.3µV, -118 dBm or better
- GUI: 3.5″ color touchscreen LCD
- Weight: 11 oz with protective lid
- Size: 3.8″ x 5.2″ x (1.3″ w/o lid, 2.25″ w/lid)
- Power Consumption, receive: 1.4/0.96 watt, LCD backlight ON/OFF
- 80 meter band: 3.5 MHz - 4.0 MHz. SWL range: 2.45 - 5.6 MHz
- 40 meter band: 7.0 MHz - 7.3 MHz. SWL range: 4.9 MHz - 10.22 MHz
- 20 meter band: 14 MHz - 14.35 MHz. SWL range: 9.8 MHz - 20.09 MHz
- 80M Power Output @ 13.8V: approx. 2 W, 350 ma (key down)
- 40M Power Output @ 13.8V: approx. 3 W, 500 ma (key down)
- 20M Power Output @ 13.8V: approx. 1.5W, 350 ma (key down)
- Key up power @ 13.8V: approx. 110 ma, 1.5 watts (LCD ON)
SDR & QRP
The MMX Morse Code Transceiver combines a state-of-the-art decoder, a color touchscreen graphical user interface (GUI), a Software-Defined Receiver (SDR) and a QRP (Low Power) transmitter, all powered off of a 12V power source, packed into a small, lightweight and very portable package. The decoder uses innovative digital and analog signal processing circuitry and algorithms to overcome the typical noise found in most real band operating conditions.GUI for countless features
The GUI includes a full menu system, and 28 unique graphic screens to accomplish an amazing set of features, some not found in transceivers at any price. SDR receiver sensitivity is -118 dBm.
Computer automation simplifies the process of calling and interacting with automated station ID’s and remote station call sign capture. The built-in automation can be user-modified using the powerful microprogramming language RPL (Rig Programming Language), with unique capabilities.
Multi-Band via Plug-in Band Boards
The MMX includes three plug-in slots for band boards. From 1 to 3 bands can be directly supported. Currently available: 80, 40, and 20 meter band cards.
Operate on any band
Operating modes include normal transceiver mode and the unique External Mode, which allows operation with an external transceiver. Using this feature, operation an any band with the full decode and encode function, including automation, is possible.