Additional DMX-40 Features
- Captures station call signs automatically, so you don’t have to do it, or even remember the call sign for the required station ID’s. It’s done automatically for you!
- Protects you from transmitting on unlicensed frequencies within the 40 meter band, as well as outside it
- Built-in single keystroke INFO micro-program transmits the standard information commonly shared (name, location, rig, antenna). This information is entered for the local station in setup, including call letters, from the Main Menu
- Built-in Calling micro-program automates General Call (Calling CQ) and Directed Call (calling a specific station).
- Built-in Answer micro-program automates Validate-Answer (ensure there is a 2-way communication when answering) and standard back-and-forth communications, with all station ID’s automated.
- Pop-Up Type-Ahead Buffer allows up to 76 characters to be typed and edited ahead of the transmitter. Prevents starving the transmitter.
- Comfortable Typing Speed Test allows the capture of your typing speed, to be used to control the transmitter maximum transmit speed. Editable by the user, as well.
- Transmit Speed Throttle prevents transmitter from outpacing your typing speed.
- Provides a mechanism for measuring and applying your comfortable typing speed to the transmitter throttle, allowing you to keep ahead of the transmitter at all times.
- Ten Frequency Memories with custom 9 character labels accessible from the Menu System or keyboard shortcut.
- Frequency Memory Editor allows the user multiple ways to specify a frequency, as well as a label for the defined frequency.
- Touchable Frequency Memory List, showing all 10 frequency memories in one place. Frequencies can be selected simply by touching their entries, or edited by touching the associated EDIT button. Frequency Memories List is accessible from the Main Menu, or via a keyboard shortcut.
- Extended Range Receiver tunes from 4.9 MHz to 10.2 MHz, covering many shortwave bands, as well as 5.0 MHz and 10.0 MHz WWV atomic clock frequency stations.
- Receiver Incremental Tuning (RIT) after transmitting, allows user to make fine adjustments without changing transmit frequency.
- Twelve User-Defined Micro-Programs that can be either be often sent text or transmitter control, or a combination of transmitter control and text
- Powerful Micro-Program Language RPL (Rig Programming Language) allows many powerful functions to be implemented, allowing user redesign of the operation of the transceiver CALL and ANS functions, focus on contests, message station repeating a message at programmed intervals, and much more.
- Microprogram Editor allows full text edit of up to 60 characters per micro-program. Micro-program Help Screens directly available from the Editor.
- Touchable Micro-Program Lists: All micro-programs are listed on 3 screens, and can be executed by touch, or edited by touching the associated EDIT button. The Microprogram List screens can be accessed from the Main Menu or a shortcut key.
- Upgrade Existing Transceivers to Full Morse Code Capability by connecting to the AUDIO-IN and KEY-OUT connections and switching to External Mode. This eliminates the 40 meter band limitation of the DMX-40.
- Full Keyboard Control: 18+ keyboard commands plus 44 frequency memory and microprogram edit and execute keys provide full control of most functions from the keyboard
- Transmit Speed Automatically Set based on received frequency to match the other stations speed capability, and user speed throttle when local user typing speed is slower, for smooth communications
- Single Keystroke Default Transmit Speed for first outgoing call. Alternatively, a different value can be keyed in, and the value can be optionally set as the new default.
- Power Saving auto LCD Backlight Shut-Off after 3 minutes of no activity to conserve battery power. Single key restores backlight.
- Extensive Help Menus for microprogramming, and transmit and receive keyboard commands.
- User Accessible VFO Calibration via WWV Signal. Every DMX-40 is factory calibrated to WWV to within a few Hz, and thus should not require recalibration for at least several years.
- Large, Easy to Read color-coded LCD Text for incoming and outgoing text, transceiver status, and type-ahead buffer.
Want still more information? Check out our Quick Start Guide. Click on the button below!